Friday, September 13, 2013

A Fond Farewell to OUR Ecovillage

  I departed British Columbia at the end of August and I thought I'd give you all a little update about how it finished up... The turtle house was quite close to being ready to survive the wniter, so no fears that it will get there... especially under the very capable hands that are still working on it! Two of the interns during the program fell in love and decided to purchase the turtle house! They are making sure it moves along.  Pat Henneberry and the rest of the leadership team (minus Logan and I) are still there as well. Can't wait to see how it proceeds!

The "Turtle House" as we left it in mid-August
Before leaving, our final week was spent in "Social Permaculture" with the infamous Starhawk, Charles, and Pandora. It was an interesting course, about how people interact and communicate.  We learned some tools for facilitating meetings and resolving conflicts, to name a few topics...

Social Permaculturists

The interns through a graduation party, which included facilitator massages (!) and swings at a pinata. I took my swings ninja style! 

Ryan giving Pat a well-earned foot massage

Me, the turtle house pinata and the turtle house owners :)












 I couldn't help but include this photo... she's so cute.
Violet, the baby cow

Bye Bye from Ciara
Bye Bye from Kerry
And... coming up next... starting this Saturday, I'll be teaching my first workshop! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think here or I'd love to receive a few lines from friends via email...